Why SP4 from The Academic Junction??
SP4 Course Content
The aim of Pensions and Other Benefits Specialist Principles (SP4) is to develop a student’s ability to apply, in simple situations, the main principles of actuarial planning and control needed for the financial management of pensions and other benefits.
It builds on material covered in earlier subjects and seeks to equip a student with the skills and broad working understanding of pensions to the level that may be required of a qualified actuary working in a consultancy, insurance company, public sector body or other comparable financial institution.
3 hours and 15 minutes exam.
Scientific Calculator is allowed in exam. However, you can use only one of the models from the list below. This can also be used for future exams.
1. Casio FX82 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
2. Casio FX83 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
3. Casio FX85 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
4. Sharp EL531 (with or without any prefix or suffix)
5. Texas Instruments BA II Plus (with or without any suffix)
6. Texas Instruments TI-30 (with or without any suffix)
7. Hewlett Packard HP12c (with or without any suffix).
SP4 SYLLABUS by IFOA
1. Pension provision and general business environment (20%).
2. Scheme design and financing (20%).
3. Managing schemes and risks (20%).
4. Models, valuations and setting assumptions (30%).
5. Monitoring experience and the Control Cycle (10%)