Why CB1 from The Academic Junction??
CB1 Course Content by Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, UK
Business Finance provides the theory and application of corporate finance as well as the main elements of companies’ financial statements. Candidates will gain knowledge of corporate governance, different types of company structure, management goals and maximising shareholder wealth, traditional and new methods of raising short- and long-term finance, use of leverage, growth and profitability and mergers and acquisitions. In financial statements analysis, regulation and regulatory bodies for financial reporting, the company’s balance
sheet, income and cash flow statements and elements of management accounting are considered.
3 hours and 15 minutes exam using objective test questions and “free form” answer questions.
Scientific Calculator is allowed in exam. However, you can use only one of the
models from the list below. This can also be used for future exams.
1. Casio FX82 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
2. Casio FX83 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
3. Casio FX85 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
4. Sharp EL531 (with or without any prefix or suffix)
5. Texas Instruments BA II Plus (with or without any suffix)
6. Texas Instruments TI-30 (with or without any suffix)
7. Hewlett Packard HP12c (with or without any suffix)
CB1 SYLLABUS by IFOA
1 Corporate governance and organisation (20%)
2 How corporates are financed (25%)
3 Evaluating projects (15%)
4 Constructing and interpreting company accounts (40%)
In the CB1 subject, the approximate split of assessment across the three skill
types is 25% Knowledge, 55% Application and 20% Higher Order skills.