Why CS2 from The Academic Junction??
Risk Modelling and Survival Analysis (CS2) Course Content by Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, IFOA
Risk Modelling and Survival Analysis (CS2) builds on CS1. It develops
knowledge of and the ability to apply statistical methods for risk modelling, time
series analysis methods, stochastic processes (especially Markov chains and
Markov jump processes), survival analysis (including regression methods
applied to duration data), and graduation methods It also includes a high-level
introduction to machine learning. The subject includes both theory and
application of the ideas to real data sets using R.
CS2A is 3 hours and 15 minutes exam, CS2B is 1 hour and 45 minutes computer-based exam, R.
Scientific Calculator is allowed in exam. However, you can use only one of the models from the list below. This can also be used for future exams.
1. Casio FX82 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
2. Casio FX83 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
3. Casio FX85 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
4. Sharp EL531 (with or without any prefix or suffix)
5. Texas Instruments BA II Plus (with or without any suffix)
6. Texas Instruments TI-30 (with or without any suffix)
7. Hewlett Packard HP12c (with or without any suffix)
CS2 SYLLABUS by IFOA
1 Random variables and distributions for risk modelling (20%)
2 Time series (20%)
3 Stochastic processes (25%)
4 Survival models (25%)
5 Machine learning (10%)
In the CS subjects, the approximate split of assessment across the three skill
types is 20% Knowledge, 65% Application and 15% Higher Order skills.