Why CM2 from The Academic Junction??
CM2 (Loss Reserving and Financial Engineering) Course Content by Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, UK
Loss Reserving and Financial Engineering (CM2) provides a grounding in the principles of actuarial modelling, focusing on stochastic asset-liability models and the valuation of financial derivatives. It equips the student with a knowledge of the theories of behaviour of financial markets, measures of risk, determining reserves for a non-life insurer and price options. The subject includes theory and application of the ideas to real data sets using excel.
CM2A is 3 hours and 15 minutes exam, CM2B is 1 hour and 45 minute excel
Scientific Calculator is allowed in exam. However, you can use only one of the models from the list below. This can also be used for future exams.
1. Casio FX82 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
2. Casio FX83 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
3. Casio FX85 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
4. Sharp EL531 (with or without any prefix or suffix)
5. Texas Instruments BA II Plus (with or without any suffix)
6. Texas Instruments TI-30 (with or without any suffix)
7. Hewlett Packard HP12c (with or without any suffix)
CM2 SYLLABUS by IFOA
1 Theories of financial market behaviour (15%)
2 Measures of investment risk (15%)
3 Stochastic investment return models (10%)
4 Asset valuations (20%)
5 Liability valuations (20%)
6 Option theory (20%)
In the CM subjects, the approximate split of assessment across the three skill
types is 20% Knowledge, 65% Application and 15% Higher Order skills.