Why SP5 from The Academic Junction??
SP5 Course Content
The aim of Investment and Finance Principles (SP5) is to develop a student’s ability to apply the main principles and techniques of actuarial management and control that are relevant to the management of investments.
It builds on material covered in earlier subjects to cover the key principles of evaluating investments, including the appropriate selection and effective risk
management of a portfolio of investments which meet the needs of a particular investor.
3 hours and 15 minutes exam.
Scientific Calculator is allowed in exam. However, you can use only one of the models from the list below. This can also be used for future exams.
1. Casio FX82 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
2. Casio FX83 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
3. Casio FX85 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
4. Sharp EL531 (with or without any prefix or suffix)
5. Texas Instruments BA II Plus (with or without any suffix)
6. Texas Instruments TI-30 (with or without any suffix)
7. Hewlett Packard HP12c (with or without any suffix)
SP5 SYLLABUS by IFOA
1 The economic, regulatory and legislative framework for investment management (10%)
2 Specialist investment products (15%)
3 Valuing investments (10%)
4 Monitoring and managing investment risks (10%)
5 Investor characteristics, including behavioural finance and taxation (10%)
6 Appropriate investment strategies (15%)
7 Portfolio management and risk control (15%)
8 Analysing portfolio performance (15%)
In the SP subjects, the approximate split of assessment across these three skill
types is 25% Knowledge, 50% Application and 25% Higher Order Skills.