This subject equips the students with the main principles of life insurance.
SP2 is to be assessed in 3 hours and 15 mins exams.
Why SP2 from The Academic Junction??
SP2 Course Content
The aim of Life Insurance(SP2) is to develop a student’s ability to apply the main principles and techniques of actuarial management and control that are relevant to life insurance.
It builds on material covered in earlier subjects to cover the key principles of life insurance.
3 hours and 15 minutes exam.
Scientific Calculator is allowed in exam. However, you can use only one of the models from the list below.
This can also be used for future exams.
1. Casio FX82 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
2. Casio FX83 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
3. Casio FX85 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
4. Sharp EL531 (with or without any prefix or suffix)
5. Texas Instruments BA II Plus (with or without any suffix)
6. Texas Instruments TI-30 (with or without any suffix)
7. Hewlett Packard HP12c (with or without any suffix)
SP2 SYLLABUS by IFOA
1 Life Insurance Products and General Business Environment (15%)
2 Product Design and Specific Features (25%)
3 Risks and Risk Management (30%)
4 Models and Valuation (15%)
5 Monitoring Experience and setting assumptions (15%)
In the SP subjects, the approximate split of assessment across these three skill types is 25% Knowledge, 50% Application and 25% Higher Order Skills.